Friday Fright Night 25th October 2013
With a rich history steeped in centuries of ghastly tales, London is one of the world's spookiest cities, where history still haunts the streets, buildings and ancient towers. As the moon casts shadows over Halloween 2013, join hundreds of fellow riders on our creepy cycle of the city. Pass the haunted landmarks, as you pedal between our frightening pit-stops, enjoying a real Halloween celebration.
On a ride where all is not what it seems, activity will start to stir on the haunted streets of London. The Highgate vampire, a barber on Fleet Street, and the supernatural goings-on amid the Tower of London - all come alive as riders pick up the pace. Style yourselves and your bike to fit to the theme, as you sample the pumpkin soup and blood juice on the way. This certainly won't be a Friday Fright Night you'll forget in a hurry...
- London's biggest Halloween theme cycle ride - join hundreds of other Halloween cyclists!!
- Spooky goings-on - keep your eyes peeled.
- Support riders / support vehicles, marshals.
- Online resources, for all training, fundraising & pre-event planning.
- 2 Halloween themed rest/drink/snack stops en route, trick or treat!
- Hot meal stop at halfway point - first class hot pumpkin soup & snacks.
- Fully signed route (reflective signage + glow sticks) & route map with Halloween facts.
- Professional mobile bike mechanics, medics, event doctor.
- Fancy dress for you & your bike encouraged - prizes.
- Personal liability insurance.
- Celebratory breakfast at the finish in London - supporters welcome!
- Moonriders Medal.
- Refer at least 2 friends & get VIP treatment, including a champagne breakfast!
Dress to impress to win £200 worth of Evans' Cycles vouchers - Click here
How to Join
There are 2 ways of signing up to Moonriders - either: Fundraise for a Charity of your Choice or you can Pay Your Own Costs to take part..
FUNDRAISING FOR CHARITY
You can sign up to the challenge and fundraise for any of our Partner Charities (logos at the foot of this website), or for any of our growing list of Participating Charities we work with. Click here for a full list of charities you can fundraise for.
- £49 to secure your place - paid online by card when you sign up.
- A commitment to fundraise a minimum of £300 for a Charity of Your Choice.
- 50% of this pledge should ideally be with your charity 6 weeks prior to the Moonride.
- The remaining balance of the fundraising pledge, plus any extra, is due to be paid to your charity no later than 4 weeks after the challenge.
PAY YOUR OWN COSTS
You have 2 options and each includes a £20 donation to one of our Charity Partners that you select when signing up.
- £139 - to be paid in FULL by card when signing up online.
- £49 - paid as a Registration Fee when you sign up online, & a further £99 paid 6 weeks prior to the Moonride.
Want to become a Moonrider? Click here to sign up to the challenge today.
"Loved it - the following Friday night I wanted to do it again."
- 2012 Moonrider